Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Reefs


The Reefs
Originally uploaded by brendan.oshea
The Reefs were nice enough to do a big jump for me.
Two sunpak 383's on stands either side of the camera, triggered by Elinchrom Skyports. In the alley where I work. (I don't actually work in the alley!?) I wanted the sun to backlight the shot, but it wouldn't come out for me. Maybe next time!
I've had lots of questions about the post processing, but it's not really any great secret, but if the lighting and the exposure aren't just right, it will never look right.
I open the unsharp mask dialog box and crank up the Radius slider so that it's greater than the Amount slider. The opposite of what you'd normally do. I then desaturate slightly. Then repeat untli it stops looking good. This look is starting to become a little dated now, with photographers like Jill Greenberg and Dave Hill being much better at it than I am.